Mark Your Calendars!
The Pacific Northwest SLP Summit is a partnership between Capital Region ESD 113, WSLHA, and the University of Washington. We’re excited to create this opportunity for SLPs to learn together and help you improve your craft.
The Pacific Northwest SLP Summit plans a hybrid conference with in-person and virtual participation options.
April 21-22, 2023
To build a strong community among SLPs as we work to improve student outcomes and culturally responsive service delivery.
• Learn to utilize culturally responsive and evidence-based practices to improve SLP services
• Improve the professional practices of SLPs
• Provide networking opportunities to build connections among educational SLPs
• Learn how to be involved and learn advocacy strategies related to SLP practices in Washington State
Watch this space! 2023 agenda TBA.
LGBT Inclusion Specialist, Speech Pathologist, DEI Consultant
2022 recipient of ASHA's Outstanding Service Award
AC Goldberg (he/him) PhD, CCC-SLP is an intersex/transgender Speech-Language Pathologist and DEI consultant. AC began his career in hospitals where he faced various forms of workplace discrimination due to his transgender identity. For the past 18 years, he has been a school clinician, specializing in social communication and working with adolescents with complex profiles. He strives to create safe, affirming environments for everyone in his care. AC also provides gender affirming voice services and is dedicated to ending the mistreatment and discrimination trans* and gender nonconforming people face in educational, medical, and clinical settings. AC is ASHA certified, SAC affiliated, a member of the WPATH, and a member of the Trans Voice Initiative.
5188 Capitol Blvd SE Tumwater, WA 98501
1600 74th Ave SW Tumwater, WA 98501
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
2101 Henderson Park Ln SE Olympia, WA 98501
Those interested in submitting proposals for the Summit can do so here: Proposal Submission
Deadline extended! Submissions are due by February 1, 2022.
Clock hours and ASHA CEUs
Clock hours provided by pdEnroller/ESD 113
• Washington State Approved Clock hours will be available through pdEnroller for an additional fee for the live/virtual sessions. Participants could receive up to six hours per day for a total of 12 clock hours. Please allow 10 days for recording of attendance. An automated email generated from pdEnroller will notify you of next steps after attendance has been recorded.
Questions – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHA CEUs will be offered by WSLHA
WSLHA charges a processing fee of $15.00 for ASHA CEUs, $10.00 for WSLHA members. Register using this form.
Credits must be purchased prior to the program. Any requests for credits after the date of each workshop will be denied.
Questions – Contact Megan Schoenfelder, email@example.com, 253.525.5162
We are committed to making all reasonable arrangements that will allow attendees to participate in SLP Reconnect Conference. If you require specific aids or services, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, contact ESD 113 at least two weeks in advance of the conference so that we may assist you in making arrangements that will allow you to fully participate in the conference.